Online School Break Chess Camps!Regular price $39.00
Our online chess mini-camps are a fun way to spend a day without school! Camps have a mixture of live lessons, practice games, and puzzles. Campers are divided by skill so that everyone gets useful lessons and fair games. A few more things to know:
- Ages 5-14
- No equipment required - lessons are online over Zoom, and games are played on Chesskid.com
- If you already have a Chesskid account let us know during the registration process. If you don't, that's fine and we'll set you up.
- All skill levels welcome!
- Maximum of 8 students per group, and each group has its own instructor. Groups range from learning the rules to strong tournament players.
- Options each day for 9:30am-12:00pm and 12:30pm-3:00pm
- All times are EST!
Schedule for the day:
9:30-9:40 Introductions, chat, get to know each other
10:10-10:45 Practice games and possibly student game analysis
11:25-12:00 Practice games
How are students grouped?
We group students by skill as best we can. For students who've done prior online chess activities with us, we'll use their ratings, and make groups that are as close together in skill as possible. For example at a normal camp we have groups that are for students who are brand new beginners, 600-800, 800-950, 950-1100, 1100-1350, 1350+. If the numbers don't mean anything to you that's fine! We'll group the kids well.
What does a lesson look like?
What equipment do we need? Do we need a chess board?
Just a laptop or tablet that can go on Zoom and access the internet. Games are played on the website Chesskid.
Who's teaching the camp?
We have a bunch of teachers at each camp, but you can see some of our team here.
My child is a current club member. Will they do new lessons at this camp?